We are only HUMAN

by - 1:17 PM

All of us struggle with being healthy and sticking to our workouts. I, too, still struggle. There are days I wake up and ask myself why I'm doing all this. Some days, I just want to stop working out and eat a gallon of ice cream with some cookies and a chocolate cake but then I remind myself why I started this journey.

    Fitness and eating healthy is not about being skinny, having muscles, or a big butt (saying this because most women start working out thinking it's going to make their butt bigger). It's all about your health. Fitness should become a lifestyle not a chore. If you turn these two into an every day task like taking a shower or brushing your teeth then it becomes easier to do. I know a gentleman who is 350lbs, he runs marathons, works out every day but he decided not to give up his eating habits and I applauded him for That. I took this example to make you understand it's not all about being skinny; beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. I just want you guys to understand how important living a healthy lifestyle is. You can be a little heavy but if you do what you are supposed to, you will feel so much better.

  Some people say they do not need to exercise or eat healthy because they love themselves which I understand and respect but God gave us one body and we need to take care of it. You might be young and may not have any health issues but the older you get the less your body is able to handle certain things. That's why I never ask people to give up their food choices, make them healthier and better. Also, you can never get a good meal out of the window of a drive thru.

   This entry is so close to my heart because I was having a conversation with a man the other day and he told me how he never cared about eating healthy and exercising because he's always been skinny and thought skinny meant healthy. The guy had 3 heart attacks by the time he was 40. Never had symptoms or health issues. Food and exercise are the 1st two medicine. I would rather have a heart attack or stroke knowing I did everything in my power to avoid them, than sitting on my couch and eating myself to death.

   Be smart and choose wisely


 

You May Also Like

0 comments