fit journey

by - 11:18 AM

Hello everyone,

My name is Nadine and I would like to talk to you about my fitness journey. How I went from weighing 215lbs to 165 in 6months. It was not easy but I made some minor changes and ended up getting great results.

I was always kind of a heavy girl but it never bothered me until I moved to the United States at the age of 18. After my move, my eating habits changed drastically because I was lonely and homesick so I will find comfort in food. A couple of months into the US, I realized my clothes weren't fitting and instead of that being a wake up call, I bought new ones and that's how I gained 60lbs in 3years. My weight still didn't  bother me because I'm a 5feet 10inches tall glass of milk chocolate lol but I started getting sick a lot and my blood pressure was sky rocking. I finally decided to make some changes when I had to get my wisdom teeth removed and that minor surgery almost took my life because during the operation, my blood pressure went so up that the Doctor had to stop since he didn't want me to have a cardiac arrest. When I got home that day, I was so mad at myself that I decided to do something. I threw all my candies away and contacted my friend (Marina) to get more informations about her gym.

My first day at the gym was rough. I was out of breath and could barely keep up but I kept on motivating myself and tried to find workouts that worked for me because everybody isn't the same. For example, I love dancing so instead of running of the treadmill for an hour I decided to do the Zumba class for an hour and so on. My eating was my biggest challenge because I love sweets. I made some researches and looked up healthy desserts recipes on pinterest so I could control my sweet cravings.

I'm not that girl who will ask you to eat only vegetables and protein all day everyday because I don't but what I always preach about is portion control and healthy substitutes which I will detail more in another chapter of my blog.

       



You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. Amazing transformation! You are the living proof that all you need is strong willpower. I commend you on all your efforts and wish you to always find comfort and happiness in your newly found passion. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear, that's very kind

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete